By P. Manning
Read or Download Big Data in History (Palgrave Pivot) PDF
Best computer information theory books
User-adaptive (or "personalized") platforms take person personality istics in their present clients into consideration and adapt their habit ac cordingly. numerous empirical stories display their merits in components like schooling and coaching, on-line support for complicated software program, dynamic details supply, provision of computing device entry to individuals with dis talents, and to a point info retrieval.
This quantity, with a foreword through Sir Roger Penrose, discusses the principles of computation with regards to nature. It makes a speciality of major questions: what's computation? How does nature compute? The members are world-renowned specialists who've assisted in shaping a state of the art computational figuring out of the universe.
This booklet takes a clean examine biometrics and id administration, extending the discussion past technical concerns, and exploring the various broader societal and philosophical points surrounding using biometric purposes. gains: offers a short background of the advance of biometrics, and describes a few of the popularly held misconceptions surrounding the know-how; investigates the demanding situations and chances of biometrics throughout 3rd celebration infrastructures and on cellular computing units; presents information on biometric structures layout; explores the mechanisms essential to allow id intelligence, together with logging mechanisms, info communications and knowledge codecs; discusses such utilization matters as collaboration frameworks, and messaging and information translation; examines the influence of biometric applied sciences on society, masking problems with privateness and consumer components; stories the present state of affairs in id administration, and predicts the place those developments may well take us sooner or later.
This booklet offers physical-layer protection as a promising paradigm for attaining the information-theoretic secrecy required for instant networks. It explains how instant networks are tremendous liable to eavesdropping assaults and discusses various safeguard ideas together with information-theoretic protection, synthetic noise aided defense, security-oriented beamforming, and variety assisted defense ways.
- Quantum Information Theory
- Cryptography and Coding: 15th IMA International Conference, IMACC 2015, Oxford, UK, December 15-17, 2015. Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Quantum Theory: Informational Foundations and Foils (Fundamental Theories of Physics)
- Methoden wissensbasierter Systeme: Grundlagen, Algorithmen, Anwendungen (Computational Intelligence) (German Edition)
- Public-Key Cryptography – PKC 2017: 20th IACR International Conference on Practice and Theory in Public-Key Cryptography, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, March ... Part II (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Single Sourcing: Building Modular Documentation: 2
Additional info for Big Data in History (Palgrave Pivot)