By Dyan Mazurana,Angela Raven-Roberts,Jane Parpart,Erin K Baines,Barbara Bedont,Cynthia Enloe,Tracy Fitzsimmons,Heidi Hudson,Ruth Jacobson,Sue Lautze,Ilja A. Luciak,Angela Mackay,Cecilia Olmos,Louise Olsson,Valerie Oosterveld,Martina Vandenberg,J Zoë Wilson
Read or Download Gender, Conflict, and Peacekeeping (War and Peace Library) PDF
Similar war & peace books
This booklet examines the effectiveness of multilateralism in making sure collective safeguard and, particularly, the EU’s function during this strategy. In 1992, presently after the tip of the chilly warfare, a safety Council Summit in long island reaffirmed the salience of the process of collective safety and said the decision of the Heads of nation to take care of it because the top overseas software for keeping peace.
An exploration of the way spiritual dimensions have an effect on the probabilities for clash answer in civil battle, this account systematically makes an attempt to map out the spiritual dimensions of inner armed conflicts and to provide an explanation for the stipulations lower than which spiritual dimensions hamper peaceable cost. Drawing upon empirical paintings on worldwide facts, and in response to the Uppsala clash info application, this e-book indicates how spiritual identities and incompatibilities effect the chance of agreements and the mechanisms during which events and third-party mediators were in a position to conquer non secular stumbling blocks to negotiated settlements.
We're in a kingdom of super international unrest with wars, acts of terrorism, genocide, epidemics and untold usual mess ups. every now and then scholars are in danger due to safeguard issues inside of their colleges, from extremist perspectives that discriminate opposed to acquiring schooling, from societal concerns that elevate nervousness and melancholy, or even in particular situations from corruption in executive that hinder scholars from gaining access to education.
This quantity investigates the character and altering roles of the non-state armed teams within the center East with a unique concentrate on Kurdish, Shia and Islamic nation teams. to appreciate the character of transformation within the center jap geopolitical area, it presents new empirical and analytical insights into the impression of 3 trendy actors, specifically ISIS, YPG and Shia Militias.
- After Ethnic Conflict: Policy-making in Post-conflict Bosnia and Herzegovina and Macedonia (Southeast European Studies)
- The Destruction of Cultural Property as a Weapon of War: ISIS in Syria and Iraq
- Evaluating Transitional Justice: Accountability and Peacebuilding in Post-Conflict Sierra Leone (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies)
- Gegenüberstellung der historisch-soziologischen Theorien Stein Rokkans und Charles Tillys zur europäischen Systembildung (German Edition)
- Financing Armed Conflict, Volume 1: Resourcing US Military Interventions from the Revolution to the Civil War
- Risk State: Japan's Foreign Policy in an Age of Uncertainty (Rethinking Asia and International Relations)
Extra info for Gender, Conflict, and Peacekeeping (War and Peace Library)