Tower Project of 2011/2012
I started the tower in august of 2011, I got the used tower from my neighbor for a good price. We have no information about it but assuming from scowering the web for photos. It matches the Delhi-48 (now Wade DMX) The antenna to be placed on top is a Force-12 C3 I recieved from a SK (AA7ST-SK) . Ideally some day it will be replaced with a quad for 40,20 etc but eh ...it is what it is today. Also using the Alliance HD-73 rotator from the old antenna (again keeping it cheap)
Antenna placment in the yard was approved with the XYL and the hole started by my mom KC7RWI - Final dimentions were 3x3x4 a little over a yard of concerete. as you can see I used galvinized fence and some rebar to add some strength to the outside cage.
In total it was 48 bags of 80# concrete on the pallet, used the basic sacrete stuff.
Antenna base we invented, I didnt want to just use concrete J hooks. Bob W7LRD my master welder and OM-Elmer assisted with some fabrication.
Antenna tower first section was left on for allignment, I didnt want it to touch the deck - also figured I would get better level marking if I leveled 8FT up from the base.
Ready to start the mix, Bob recently purchased a mixer off craigs list for $50 for his tower project, we could not have done this with out it!
Messy job but here is the almost finished product!
73 DE K7MHI SK SK
Page Layout swiped from KC0MNX John Loretz