STEM/STEAM Ideas to give fellow parents ideas for science related learning.
Items that are worth having around:
- Cheap Microscope
- Cheap magnifying viewer with SD-Card
- Art Supplies and Books for coloring this is easy to find on amazon
Lego and the SPIKE/ Mindstorms hands on learning and logic programing and physics/motion.
Starts with Scratch and moves to Sketch and then uPython which is very approachable language
Osmo Learning Tools
The Osmo system is a good alternative to school programs for reading, math, programming, physics. look for the hardware used as its reuseable to save cash.
This company provides all age ranges of kits and ideas for monthly or one time projects
Computers and IT
RaspberryPi is a powerfull PC and worth learning its use to learn linux etc.
Virtual machines and spinning up copies of windows server etc
The following is a little list of boutique suppliers of toys and stuff
- https://store.flitetest.com/stem/ - Air flight/ RC
- https://shop.elenco.com/consumers/brands/snap-circuits.html - Early electronics look for them used!
- https://www.homesciencetools.com/biology/life-science/frogs-tadpoles/ - Its almost tadpole season
- https://hookedontoys.com in Wenatchee, buyers are very good at keeping educational products in stock